Platt College in Oklahoma City, OK is seeking an instructor for our Surgical Technology program. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience in Surgical Technology to teach others seeking education and training.
Instructors are responsible for teaching students in our training programs in classroom and hands-on lab settings, ensuring that they gain the knowledge and skills that are required for entry-level employment in their chosen field. Instructors are also responsible for sound educational practices and the academic development of each student. Instructors will also manage their classroom environment and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to “model" the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
• Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
• Ensure that each student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study
• Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained and are in working order prior to class time
• Participate in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license
• Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines
• Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’ guidelines, along with internal policies of the company
• Other duties as assigned
• Current, valid Surgical Technology credential (CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA) through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
• Minimum of 3 years of total verifiable work and/or instructional experience as a Surgical Technologist in the last ten years
• Meets any and all other state and accreditor requirements to qualify as an instructor for the Surgical Technology program
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups of employees and customers
• Ability to drive/travel to various extern/clinical/job sites
• Associate's degree preferably in Surgical Technology from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as required by specific program standards.
• Proficiency in instructional methodology, curriculum design, and program planning
• Should possess experience/training as an educator
• Understanding of adult learning principles evidenced by shown ability to teach/train adult learners
Campus is licensed by OBPVS
Additional Salary Information: Salary and Benefits
Platt College has been providing education and career college training in Oklahoma for more than 30 years. Our focus is on helping individuals gain the knowledge and skills they need to qualify for the careers they want.