CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF THE KING'S DAUGHTERS HEALTH SYSTEM
March 26, 2018
NORFOLK , Virginia
Full Time - Experienced
CHKD is located in a family-centered community. At CHKD, we know that people who work hard often want to play hard, too.
Where We Are
Norfolk is a part of the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, also known as Tidewater, and is located in the southeastern portion of the state, where unlimited resources for recreation, travel and culture exist.
The region's temperate climate is ideal for sports and outdoor activities. Winters are mild. The spring and fall seasons are extremely pleasant. Summer temperatures are usually in the upper 80s.
Dive Right In
The Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay provide the boundaries for the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Community. The opportunities for swimming, diving, fishing and boating abound on the region's many rivers and lakes, as well as along miles of public beaches. Some of the best sport fishing in the country can be found here and on North Carolina's Outer Banks, which are within a two-hour's drive.
For other outdoor entertainment, there is camping, biking and hiking at Virginia Beach's Seashore State park; exploring the Great Dismal Swamp national wildlife preserve just south of Norfolk; and Busch Gardens near Williamsburg is one of the country's most popular amusement parks.
Places To Be, People To See
Surrounding the hospital and the medical center is an historic neighborhood highlighted by parks, churches and schools.
Just two miles from the hospital is Norfolk's downtown business district and waterfront. The hospital and Eastern Virginia Medical School are situated in a restored area which abounds with historic homes and two-and three-story townhouses and apartments. Restaurants, health clubs, shops and art galleries are a short walk away.
Norfolk and the surrounding area abound in history, highlighted by Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. Museums and historic homes in Norfolk reflect the city's 300-year history as an important seaport and region of commerce.
For snow skiing and mountain trail hiking, the foothills of Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mountains are within a few hours' drive.
The region is served by Norfolk International Airport, a few miles away from downtown Norfolk. Also servicing Norfolk is Amtrak with direct connections to Washington D.C. and New York City along with connecting cities.
* Responsible for assisting the RN and surgeon during operative procedures
* Arranges and inventories sterile set up utilizing knowledge of asepsis and sterilization techniques. Assists in preparing and moving of patients, cleaning and room set up, and provides a safe and efficient environment for the surgical patient
* Graduation from an accredited school of operating room technology, a school of practical nursing or equivalent program, required.
* Approximately three to six months or related experience in order to learn sterile techniques, become familiar with anesthesia equipment and cleaning procedures, and learn inventory techniques
* Certification in operating room technology through the National Association of Operating Room Technicians preferred.
* Ability to prepare list of pack contents following preparation and to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in cleaning and decontaminating patient care equipment. Ability to follow equipment cleaning instructions, maintain logs and records of inventory levels and items used, and to perform noncomplex arithmetic calculations in order to prepare cleaning solutions.
* BLS-HCP Certification required and/or must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
Internal Number: A102
About CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF THE KING'S DAUGHTERS HEALTH SYSTEM
"At CHKD, working to improve the lives of our community's children is a twofold endeavor, deeply ingrained in our mission, our history and our daily work."
– Jim Dahling, CHKD president and CEO
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters Health System will lead the region as the preferred provider of quality children's health services.
In leading the region in the provision of children's healthcare services, CHKD will:
•Deliver excellence in quality and service as we continually measure and improve our outcomes;
•Evolve and enhance services in response to the needs of children and the advancement of science;
•Educate the next generation of leaders in children's health;
•Be the healthcare employer of choice; and
•Collaborate with others to attain our vision.
Today, CHKD is Virginia's only free-standing and independent pediatric hospital.