Enhancing the profession to ensure quality patient care.
• Managing the instructors, educational activities of the program, and all classes both day and evening.
• Adherence to applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations, the school policies and procedures, and the department’s curricula.
• Monitor student progress, conduct student orientations and advise students throughout the program.
• Assist with on-going review and development of curricula in the department and make suggestions per policy.
• An Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Current NCCA-approved credential in surgical technology (CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA)
• Current OR experience which is defined as a minimum of 3 of the last 5 years spent as a practicing surgical technologist and/or as an instructor in surgical technology.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a scrub role.
• Must be capable of teaching both the Clinical and Didactic aspects of the program.
• Management experience required or acceptable equivalency in Concorde Career Colleges experience.
• Teaching experience preferred.
• Post secondary education experience desired.
• Must also meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications.
• Must have the knowledge and ability to judge instructors’ competence.
• Requires strong attention to details and a positive professional attitude.
This position requires evenings, weekends and visitation of clinic sites up to 100 miles.