| With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.|
- Responsible for intraoperative delivery of patient care in the scrub role.
- Assists Core Leader, OR with orientation, training and supply inventory for a specific surgical specialty consistent with specialty alignment.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Completion of accredited program in surgical technology.
- Current certification by examination through Association of Surgical Technologists is preferred.
- One to two years OR experience as Surgical Technologist in an acute care operating room that included the major surgical specialties, i.e., General, GYN, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, ENT, CV, Plastic, with one year OR scrub experience preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical specialties, instruments, techniques, procedures, anatomy and physiology.
- Scrub role competence.
- Must be able to understand the importance of being a member of a specialty team and rotating to other specialties to maintain skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Adaptable to change.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control and function under stress during emergent and non-emergent situations.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/128770/
Equal opportunity employer.