Providence is calling a Clinical Research Billing Associate to Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, Oregon.
In this position, you will:
- Support clinical research billing compliance through the detailed review of clinical trial study calendars and coverage analysis in the eResearch clinical trial management system against hospital and professional billing for investigational devices, services, diagnostic procedures, hospitalizations, and all other aspects of patient care.
- Work with budget specialists and research coordinators to reconcile billing for research and routine care services with clinical trial agreements and billing matrices.
- Ensure actual billings for services match coverage analysis and informed consent documents.
- Review all research related patient encounters and allocate charges between guarantors as appropriate within the Epic billing system.
- Ensure appropriate Medicare required research modifiers and identifiers are added to claim.
- Serve as a resource to Regional Billing Office (RBO) to assist with processing patient claims relating to research visits.
- Review for accuracy and process all requests for payment from Providence RBO as well as third party providers.
- Research and respond to inquiries from Regional Billing Office and study staff.
- Create monthly reports as necessary.
- Generate invoices within eResearch clinical trial management system for sponsored research studies.
- Reconcile study related payments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university
- Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of the degree requirement
- Background in hospital and practitioner billing procedures and forms
- Knowledge of clinical care or research payment practices
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Comfortable with a variety of database applications
- Advanced experience using spreadsheets
- Must be able to interpret clinical trial coverage determinations against charges generated at the time services are performed
- Familiarity with medical terminology and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Preferred qualifications for this position include :
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 148394