Providence is calling an on call, 12 hour variable shift, Surgical Technician to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Surgical Tech to collaborate with an Operating Room (OR) team in providing efficient, safe, cost effective patient care outcomes before, during and after surgery.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures.
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Current Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent operating room experience.
- Current National Certified Surgical Technician certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 148287