Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Surgical Technologist \(1\.0 FTE, Evening shift\) in Neuro And Spine Surgery at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Surgical Technologist will work as a member of the surgical team under the supervision of a registered nurse, with the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and other medical support personnel to provide patient care\.
In this position you will:
- Serve in the primary scrub role during assigned core procedures
- Coordinate equipment, supplies and instrumentation according to the surgeon's preference cards
- Assist team member with positioning, moving and transporting patients
- Assist with preparation and draping of patient
- Function competently within multiple specialty areas and serves in a flexible scrub role with minimal notice
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of a Surgical Technician vocational program or documentation of equivalent training
- Registered as a Surgical Technologist with the State of Washington
- CPR certified
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- National certification by the Liaison Council on Certification for Surgical Technologist \(ST\)
- Experience in a hospital operating room
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 133385