Littleton Adventist Hospital is a 231-bed, full-service medical center delivering quality care and Level II emergency care for more than 25 years. Located in the Denver suburb of Littleton, CO, the hospital is surrounded by residential neighborhoods, retail, dining, Littleton’s charming “old town” area, and abundant outdoor space with trails, nature centers and golf courses. In addition to numerous awards for care excellence, we are also leading the way in health care environmental sustainability. Our associates are actively engaged in protecting the health of our environment, working tirelessly to minimize the negative environmental impacts from our operations. Our sustainable achievements have been recognized with several local and national awards, including the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth for three consecutive years (2014- 2016). View this shor video to learn why our associates love working here and how our mission and culture help to create fulfilling careers: https://centura-21.wistia.com/medias/e0qve9d10v
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 103133
Clinic/Department: 8511 LAH ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS
Hospital: LITTLETON ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors by following procedures and standards established by the department. Will provide excellent customer services when working with patients, visitors and other staff members.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Previous healthcare, hospitality or customer service experience preferred. Strong communication skills; ability to read, write and speak English. Must possess basic computer skills.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Perform 6 step daily cleaning procedure in patient room to a level acceptable to the patient.*
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing procedures in restrooms, common areas, treatment rooms and utility areas. *
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing procedures of walls, vents, ledges and windows. *
- Perform checkout cleaning procedure in patient room according to departmental policies and procedures, including medical equipment. *
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms as necessary or designated. *
- Perform intensive cleaning procedures in specialty areas such as Emergency Department, Surgery and Pharmacy to a level acceptable that eliminates the risk of infection to the patient. *
- Perform technical cleaning procedures such as mopping and scrubbing floors, using appropriate equipment and chemical dilution. *
- Adheres to departmental and hospital wide safety policies and procedures. *
- Removes and transports soiled linens, trash, infectious waste and recycling according to departmental policy and procedures. *
- Maintains all required records and information for all regulatory agencies (i.e, TJC, NFPA, state and city health departments. *
- Participates as required in safety training and understands and follows hospital and department policies and procedures in all safety areas including hazardous materials and waste handling, life safety, medical equipment safety, accident reporting and security. *
- Prioritize assisting customers above all other duties.
- When cleaning an occupied room the Env Svc Worker will follow organizational customer service script. *
- Greet customers and make efforts to create a welcoming environment for guests. *
- Questions and complaints are responded to in a timely manner. *
- Supervisor is requested upon a problem, complaint, or question that an Env Svc Worker cannot answer. *
- Env Svc Worker assists coworkers during busy periods. *
- Perform or assist with meeting room set-ups and furniture moving using proper body mechanics to avoid injury. *
- Practice an awareness of supply costs; use them as instructed and at correct dilution. *
- Have a working knowledge of proper chemical usage and dilution. *
- Maintains proper usage of all equipment, materials and supplies. Cleans equipment before being properly stored. *
- Maintain good attendance record in accordance with department policy. *
- Observes scheduled working hours by reporting to work on time each day (timecard). *
- Consistently shows up for work on scheduled work days. *
- Completes assigned tasks at an acceptable level of quality and in the appropriate timeframes. *
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.