The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistantwill function in Community Outpatient Service at theEast Liverpool Community Based Outpatient Clinic and theYoungstown Community Based Outpatient Clinic.The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant functions interdependently with physicians and is responsible for providing quality care, consultation, education, and collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
The tour of duty will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, though some evening or weekend shifts may be necessary.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position will remain Open forover30 days. There will be a first cut-off ofFriday,May 19, 2017and all eligible and qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager. Those applicants who apply after this date, and before the closing of the announcement, may still be considered for the position if it has not been filled.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Nurse Practitioner Qualifications: In order to qualify, applicants must meet all of qualifications listed below:
- Master's Degree from a program approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license, or otherwise recognized, as an Adult Nurse Practitioner in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active certification as a Nurse Practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
Nurse Practitioner Preferred Qualifications:
- Critical Care/Acute Care NP Master's or completion of ACNP/CCNP post Master program strongly preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a primary care practice.
- Experience managing a complex patient cohort within an ambulatory care setting.
Physician Assistant Qualifications: In order to qualify, applicants must meet all of the qualifications listed below:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (PANCE) - OR - a recent PA graduate who is eligible to take the PANCE.
- Graduate of a PA training program or a surgical assistant program which is accredited by the ARC-PA or one of its predecessor organizations, AND
- Possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited PA training program or in another health sciences related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the US Department of Education or are a current VA employee that was hired as a Physician Assistant prior to September 5, 2014.
- Current, full, active certification as a Physician Assistant: As of March 12, 1993, certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) is a requirement for employment. This requirement does not apply to non-certified PAs on VA rolls as of that date.
Physician Assistant Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree.
- At least three years of experience in a primary care practice.
- Experience in managing a complex patient cohort within an ambulatory care setting.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically, VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standards. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess the ability to do the following: heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over; pulling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder; walking, standing, kneeling and repeated bending.
Please use this Checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
The following documents are required:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year).
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1951601
Note: If you applied online and your application is complete do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.