• North Suburban has beautiful new ORs thanks to a multimillion dollar investment two years ago
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2015
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score in Fall 2014 survey
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
The Surgical Technician II will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the department. The Surgery Technician II is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases, pulling cases as needed, and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure. He/she is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The Surgery Technician II performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current BLS Certification, State of Colorado Surgical Registry required (DORA) Current CST Certification from NBSTSA preferred.
Education: Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one year of experience as a Surgery Technician
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic to advanced knowledge in the scrub role and multiple surgical specialties. Demonstrates good organizational skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Is authorized to handle medications, syringes, needles, etc. and is accountable to the registered nurse for oversight of this practice.
We focus on keeping benefits fair, smart and competitive with a full package of rewards that support your health, life, career and future. As part of our commitment to a healthy work/life experience, HCA rewards our employees with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.Learn more.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.