At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Perioperative Services team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Surgical Technologist will be responsible for:
- Providing sterile instruments to surgical team during surgery.
- Organizing and arranging sterile instruments and supplies.
- Collecting and removing contaminated items at completion of cases.
- Assisting circulating nurses in maintaining adequate stock of sterile supplies.
- Working collaboratively in a family-centered peri-operative environment.
To qualify, you must have:
- A certificate from a Surgical Tech program.
- 1 year of OR experience as a Surgical Tech.
- Pediatric experience, preferred.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
*Sign-on bonus of $2,500 for full-time hires with over 2 years of direct OR experience as a Surgical Tech (who have not worked here in the past 2 years).
For hires made after 8/1/20.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.