*** Both Fulltime Day & Afternoon positions are available***
Under direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and Surgical Team members, responsible for the handling of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during general to moderately complex surgical procedures. Ensures understanding of the assigned surgical procedures being performed and anticipates the needs of the assigned surgeon and surgical team members. Also provides service support related to patient preparation, patient transport, and assisting surgical care team with specific patient care duties to meet safety and comfort needs. Responds to emergent situations according to established procedures
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
Graduate of CAAHEP accredited Surgical Technology program required.
Specific knowledge of surgical procedures within the operating room (OR), in addition to knowledge of surgical procedures, practices and techniques in providing patient care and assisting surgeons in the O.R.
Minimum of one year of experience as a Surgical Technologist or six months specialized patient care training in the armed forces required.
Current BLS certification required or become BLS certified within one month of start date.
Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Actual rate of pay will depend on years of experience and go up from starting rate of pay.
Internal Number: 208384
About Henry Ford Health System
Our Mission: Our purpose
• We improve people's lives through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing.
Our Values: How we carry out our purpose
• Compassion: We provide a heartfelt experience to every patient, member and each other.
• Innovation: We continuously pursue what’s possible through research, education, clinical and operational excellence.
• Respect: We honor the commitment to our communities by acting with integrity, courage, and inclusion.
• Results: We reliably deliver on our promise to be leaders in safety and affordability, ensuring the health of our communities.
Our Principles: The way we live our values
• I encourage INNOVATION & CURIOSITY: Continuously learn, ask questions, offer creative ideas and challenge the status quo.
• I act with COURAGE: Behave authentically and risk vulnerability; speaking from both the head and heart
• I demonstrate INTEGRITY & TRUSTWORTHINESS: Honor commitments and confidentiality; deliver on promises
• I champion DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: Support an environment where all people thrive and succeed
• I will COACH & INSPIRE: Encourage each other to grow and develop; practice productive feedback
• I own ...SAFETY & HIGH RELIABILITY: Embrace high standards to ensure excellence in care and service
• I communicate with EMPATHY & TRANSPARENCY: Understand the thoughts and feelings of others; be open and honest
• I ensure OUTCOMES & ACCOUNTABILITY: Commit to achieving results through collaboration and data-based decisions