5K sign-on and relocation incentive to qualified candidates!!
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As a Surgical Technologist at Torrington Community Hospital, you will primarily be operating as a Scrub Tech, helping with surgeries, sterile processing, and more! This is a full-time position working 6:00am-3:30pm. If you're looking for great flexibility in your work, while working alongside a great team, this role is for you - apply today!
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. In addition, is responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including the cleaning, assembly, preparation, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Decontaminates, assembles and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
5. Assembles general surgical instrument trays, power equipment sets and all implant systems in accordance with the specifications on the inventory sheets. Inspects instruments to ensure they are in good working condition, removing and placing damaged instruments in the repair box. Determines the priority level of instrument sets and single instruments to be processed following established protocols.
6. Utilizes Standard Precautions, thoroughly decontaminating and separating surgical instrument sets, power equipment, OR case carts, implant systems, patient care equipment and all other reusable items returned to Central Sterile Processing workroom. Communicates needs for equipment maintenance and replacement and assists in process of all directly related supplies. Communicates with all customers as to the availability of instrumentation as needed for procedures.
7. Loads and operates washer decontaminators, ultrasonic cleaners, cart washers, steam gun and heat sealers and all other equipment used in the decontamination process. Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices.
8. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate. Assists with OR turnover between cases and transporting patients. Assist and supports anesthesia services. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
9. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification.
The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related supplies, materials, equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience. SPD sterile processing experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14464
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.