The Surgical Technician is a health care professional who provides specific services in the Surgery Department to prepares the patient population for surgical interventions under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Surgical Assistant/RNFA. This position must conform to the Surgery Department, CMH and Winona Health Policies and Procedures. The Surgical Technician is active in the surgical process and collaborates with the other staff members to deliver quality and safe health care. He/she functions effectively as a member of the surgical team by: performing delegated assignments; demonstrating flexibility to adapt to sudden changes and by exhibiting qualities of dependability.
High school/GED/equivalent. Graduate of a vocational/technical institute operating room technician program. Basic computer skills. Patient information database experience (Cerner, EMR, American Data). Certified as a Surgical Technologists by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Internal Number: 3215
About Winona Health
An independent, not-for-profit healthcare system, Winona Health is nationally recognized for being technologically advanced in delivering personalized, high-quality care. Founded in 1894, Winona Health is a testament to the community’s longstanding commitment to keeping healthcare local.
Approximately 1,100 employees including 90 physicians and associate providers plus 400 volunteers dedicate themselves to our mission: Winona Health is devoted to improving the health and well-being of our community.
Our ongoing commitment to providing a broad scope of healthcare services so community members can stay close to home is evidenced in our investment in diagnostic technology and the expertise of the physicians we’ve recruited in areas such as orthopedic, plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Healthcare providers often note that they chose Winona Health because of the services and technology available here and because we are a community-focused organization. That, combined with the region’s beauty and cultural and recreational opportunities makes Winona Health an easy choice when deciding where to practice. Other organizations may offer one of those advantages, but we of...fer them all.
We provide comprehensive healthcare services for individuals through all stages of life.
• Primary care clinics in Winona and Rushford, MM
• A 49-bed hospital with medical/surgical services, ICU, labor and delivery and mental health services
• Specialty services including: women’s health; ophthalmology; podiatry; orthopedics and sports medicine; general surgery; and plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
• Accredited cancer care program
• Senior services including: Senior Living at Watkins (assisted living); Lake Winona Manor (adjacent to the hospital and clinic for long-term and transitional care); Roger Metz and Adith Miller Manor (assisted living memory care residences)
• Palliative care and hospice services