A rewarding travel career that fits your life. Short-term assignments include flexible shifts and allow you to explore different parts of the country. Banner Travel's pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer orientation in the country's most advanced simulation center.
With Banner Health Travel you can enjoy the unparalleled outdoor adventures, festivals and cosmopolitan cities of Colorado in the summer, and world-class resorts, breathtaking national parks, and historic Western towns, all winter long in Arizona.
For over 20 years, Banner Health Travel has provided healthcare professionals, opportunities to work in a variety of clinical settings within one of the country's leading health systems. Our amazing travel program allows the ultimate in flexible scheduling options combined with a superior compensation structure.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy a wide variety of professional benefits, including:
Up to $1000 Completion bonus for every 13-week assignment
All shifts available
Full-time assignment with guaranteed hours
Flexible start dates
Per mile travel reimbursement
Excellent, competitive pay
License & certification reimbursement
Affordable medical benefits - 403(b)/Health/Vision/Dental/Life
Private housing (or salary in lieu)
Personal travel team to assist you
Work Registry/PRN when not in an assignment to keep you busy all year
Work-life balance to explore all the adventures your travel assignment has to offer!
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
7. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency
The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.