Surgical Technologist I Full Time Days 4x10 Carrollwood
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 21031878
Certified Sterile Processing Tech I AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address:7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
Possible Sign-On Bonus up to $5,000 (Must have one year of working exp)
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 4x10, 30 Minute Call Required to include rotating weekends and holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
· Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
· Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning
· Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before
incision is closed
· Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
· Helps in draping sterile field
· Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
· Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Prepares sterile dressings
· Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
· Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
· Assists in prepping room for the next patient
· Works with RN and team members to provide safe patient care
· Handles surgical specimens with 100% accuracy
· Recognizes/ responds immediately to emergency situations appropriately
· Displays awareness of and participates in cost effective behaviors endorsed by the organization
· Performs duties in a timely manner, communicates all updates/ delays to team members/ team leader
· Communicates supply problems appropriately, restocking supplies for the unit as needed
· Readily accepts assignment or changes in assignment, maintains a positive attitude if asked to float to another room/ unit
· Willingness to change schedule to meet unit staffing needs
· Demonstrates competencies as defined by individual unit
· Increases clinical knowledge/ skills independently, working with unfamiliar procedures/ surgeons to expand/ develop new skills
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, delivers on commitments
· Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
· Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and accepts accountability for their actions.
· Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond their job to exceed expectations of those we serve.
· Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye contact.
· Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals, saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door before entering.
· Proactively support a culture of safety and quality.
· Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication. Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers.
· Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions. Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors.
· Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Interpersonal Skills
2. Completion of validation skills
3. Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field set-up
4. Knowledge of sterilization techniques
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Graduate/ GED
· Successful Completion of accredited Surgical Technology program
· Surgical Tech Certification acquired within 6 months of graduation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· AS in Surgical Technology
· 6 months of experience as a CST
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Current CST
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
i.e., vision, values, etc.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
The Surgical Technologist I is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.