Salary range: $21.55 – $36.71 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (THD) is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services, and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice Surgical Technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 or Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or Military Training Surgical Technology program.
• At least 1 year of current Neuro and Ophthalmology Certified Surgical Tech experience strongly preferred.
• CST – Certified Surgical Technologist upon hire or LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire orMilitary Training Program in surgical technology and Certified Surgical Technologist within 2 Years upon hire.
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Position Responsibilities THD Certified Surgical Tech's will assist in 24 Main OR Suites. Some of the minimally invasive procedures performed at using microscopic incisions are Cardiovascular, Bariatric, Gastrointestinal Colectomy, General Surgery, Gynecological, Neuro/Spine, Oncology, and Orthopedics.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST will:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome. • Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice. • Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care. • Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties. • Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination. • Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury. • Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service, and cost effectiveness. • Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health CST you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture makes THD a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THD Certified Surgical Tech
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients' quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources