**$6,750 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under direct supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties in the OR and related areas to assist the surgical team at the ambulatory surgery center (ASC).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: CLINICAL PRACTICE:
- Performs first scrub role, directly assisting the surgeon by passing sterile instruments and supplies at the sterile field.
- Anticipates surgeons requests based on the type of case being performed.
- Recognizes and supports duties associated with the second scrub role, including but not limited to: holding retractors, sponging or suctioning operative site, applying electrocautery within the surgical technologists scope of practice, as directed by the surgeon.
- Collaborates with the circulating RN to correctly account for countable items at the sterile field according to policy and procedure.
- Assists RN in gathering appropriate supplies for cases.
- Identifies specific care needs as related to the patients age and size.
- Promotes the development of collaborative relationships with OR personnel by articulating practice issues and communicating in a constructive manner.
- Develops and presents product and equipment reviews for OR staff.
- Analyzes current preference card data and collaborates with other team members, providing input into surgeons preference card content.
- Collaborates with nurse manager to determine capital budget needs.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels of specialty supplies and implants.
- Assists with preparation, maintenance and after-care of supplies, equipment, and facilities with the OR.
- Places equipment and supplies in the operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment when necessary following manufactures recommended instructions.
- Assists team members to place and position patients on the Operating Room table.
- Scrubs arms and hands appropriately and dons gown and gloves.
- Aids OR team members to don gown and gloves. Applies dressings post surgery.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and Equivalent DMC surgical technician training program or Equivalent combination of training and/or experience or Successful completion of an accredited surgical technician program .
2. Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologists highly desirable.
3. One to two years experience as a surgical technician preferred.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.