Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Sign On Bonus (if eligible)
Day One Benefits
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time/Part Time/PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations and other external or internal forces.
· Accepts responsibility by initiating the incident reporting mechanisms when appropriate.
· Accurately enters orders and patient data into computerized system.
· Adheres to hospital and departments dress code including fingernails and jewelry.
· Assist with moving and positioning of the patient.
· Assist with opening of sterile supplies when needed.
· Assists with cleaning of Operating Rooms between cases.
· Assists with the orientation of new employees.
· Assumes call responsibilities to meet the department needs.
· Assures patients right for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
· Assures that all needed supplies and equipment are available in a timely manner.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings.
· Communicates patient information to members of the health care team.
· Completes work assignments on time as prescribed by the nursing manager.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Maintains positive physician relationships and appropriate communication.
· Serves as runner to various support departments (Lab, X-Ray, Central Processing etc.).
· Shows self direction by functioning without the need for close supervision.
· Written goals and physical completed prior to evaluation.
· Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology upon hire
Current American Heart Association BLS required upon hire
Current CST, CFA, or Sterile Processing certification
American Heart Association BLS certification
Provides care and safety of the patient while in the Operating Room under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. By knowledge and assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the technician anticipates the needs of the surgeon and provides this service while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner. This individual will often coordinate his/her work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital. Day-to-day responsibilities require good use of judgment regarding timely and appropriate communication with the hospital staff, patients and visitors. Recognizes the need for teamwork and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.