Certified Surgical Technologist - $7000 Sign-On Bonus and New Rates of Pay!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 3992
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Mon - Weds 0700 - 1930, Thurs - Fri 0700-1530
On Call Required
$7000 Sign-On Bonus after 90 days
Summary: The Operating Room Technician is responsible for scrubbing on all surgical procedures as assigned.
Responsibilities: 1. Responsible for scrubbing on all major and minor surgical procedures as assigned.
2. Participates with patient assessments while planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care.
3. Performs circulating duties under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide care and safety to all patients.
4. Responsible for maintaining operating room suite supplies, pulling procedures, assisting with continuing education, precepting, and orientation of all staff.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Participates in various hospital activities as appropriate and as directed by the Manager
7. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in pediatric surgery is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist program is required.
2. Certification: Certified Surgical Technician (CST) and Basic Life Support (BLS) are required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: