Location: Portland, Oregon
South Operating Room (Main OR) is a large 25-bed OR primarily an adult inpatient operating room with a small volume of outpatient procedures including: Cardiac/ Thoracic, General Surgery/Minimally Invasive/ Colorectal/Bariatric, Gynecology, Oral Maxillofacial, Neuro/neuro spine, Orthopedic/orthopedic spine, Otolaryngology, Plastics, Transplant, Urology, Vascular, Robotic (Urology/GYN/Oral), and Trauma. Surgical procedures on infants and children less than 18 years of age are also performed if the procedure requires specialized equipment found only at this location.
Function/Duties of Position
$10,000 hiring bonus
The Surgical Tech (ST) performs the delegated duties that ensure that the OR environment is safe, that equipment is cleaned and functions appropriately, and keeps patient safety a number one priority. The ST possesses expertise in the application of sterile and aseptic technique; the ST combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to safely facilitate invasive and/or diagnostic procedures. The ST has the ability to manage stressful/unusual situations in a positive manner, and encompasses the OHSU Core Competencies (Accountability, Collaboration, Communication, Diversity, Integrity, Respect, Service Orientation, Teamwork) into their practice.
Orientation: Up to 12 weeks
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire
- Graduated from a Nationally-Accredited organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority as of date of hire and hold and maintain a national Surg Technologist Certification by NBSTSA (National Board of Surgical Technologists and Surgical Assistants) as of date of hire.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accomodation.
Night Shift Benefits:
- Night Shift Wage Differential
- Two raises per year - One at anniversary date and one across the board annual increase
- Healthcare Options - Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents, and $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the employee
- Two separate above market pension plans to choose from
- Vacation- up to 200 hours per year depending on length of service
- Sick Leave- up to 96 hours per year
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Free Parking for night shift
- Substantial Tri-met and C-Tran discounts
- Additional Programs including: Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.