Pay Range: $18.85 - $33.80 / hour
- Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks, UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
Joining our surgical team puts you alongside some of the brightest minds in medicine, where you'll work on complex cases with leading-edge technology, test your skills and knowledge, and change the world of health care. Our surgical department is one of the largest in the country with more than 55 state-of-the-art operating suites.
Surgical technologists are important members of the care team. At UAB, surgical techs work alongside nurses, anesthesiologists, and surgeons maintaining and preparing instrumentation and equipment to help cases run efficiently and allow us to provide the highest quality care possible. Although technical expertise is important, surgical techs must also be compassionate, meet the needs of patients, and treat them like they are family. We support our new techs through orientation, providing robust training and development opportunities. We encourage you to take advantage of continuing education and we assist with certification. We offer Certified and Non Certified Surgical Technician positions.
Multiple Shifts Available:
UAB Medicine supports work/life balance. The shifts available for this unit are:
- All shifts are Monday - Friday
- Full-Time: 3 12-hour shifts per week (6:30am - 7:00pm)
- Full-Time: 3-12-hour shifts per week (8:30am - 9:00pm)
- Full-Time: 4-10-hour shifts per week (6:30am - 5:00pm)
- Full-Time: 5-8-hour shifts per week (6:30am - 3:00pm)
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine:
UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama
- America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes, 2021
- Level I Trauma Center
- NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.
To scrub and assist surgical team during basic surgical procedures. To prepare and maintain the environment, medical equipment and supplies for surgical procedures. To follow hospital regulations and industry procedures regarding patient care. To pre-operatively prepare patient. To transport patient to and from the operating room as required.