Surgical Technician Days FT - Sign-on Bonus $13,500
DMC Receiving Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205000991
**$13,500 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under direct supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties in the OR and related areas to assist the surgical team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Scrubs on all types of operating procedures; handles surgical instruments, sutures & sponges; anticipates the needs of the surgeon, assisting as necessary. Maintains strict aseptic technique, assumes joint responsibility with the circulating nurse for ensuring that all are accounted for during and after the operation. Observes patient's condition while in the OR; reports any changes to the staff nurse and/or anesthesia.
2. Prepares for scheduled operative procedures, ensuring that necessary equipment, instruments and supplies are available and ready for use.
3. Maintains a clean and safe OR environment; cleans rooms and sterilizes equipment. Restocks OR with standard supplies and assists in updating surgical instrument sets. Maintains power equipment and specialty instrumentation within assigned specialty areas.
4. Assists in the transportation of patients to and from the OR; verifies patient identity; assists with lifting and positioning of patient for surgical procedures.
5. May assist as second circulator under the direction of a registered nurse. Prepares materials to be presented in dept in-service education programs as assigned. Assists in the trial and evaluation of new surgical products. Provides input to managers in developing new policies and procedures for the department. Participates on committees as assigned.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and... Equivalent DMC surgical technician training program or... Equivalent combination of training and/or experience or... Successful completion of an accredited surgical technician program .
2. Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologists highly desirable.
3. One to two years experience as a surgical technician preferred
Job: Surgery Tech
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.