Location: Seattle, Washington
Type: Full Time
|This recruitment offers a $10,000 Recruitment Incentive to eligible new employees joining UW Medicine#UWMRecruitmentIncentive|
A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
At UW Medical Center – Northwest (formerly Northwest Hospital & Medical Center), we’re proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are: The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award; The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award; The Stroke Care Excellence Award; Winner of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row. We’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medical Center – Northwest is a full-service medical center based in North Seattle. We are a non-profit community hospital offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 2,000 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus, just north of Seattle.
The UW MEDICAL CENTER – NORTHWEST - OPERATING ROOMS have an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Evening Shifts). The Surgical Technologist (Operating Room Technician) is responsible for facilitating assigned surgical procedures through the assembly of instrumentation, equipment, and supplies. This position functions competently and independently within multiple specialty areas, under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse. Competitive candidates will have certification as scrub technologist and/or six months of experience as an Operating Room Technician in a hospital operating room or childbirth center.
• Prepare, clean and stock suite with necessary instrumentation, supplies and equipment
• Prepare patient for operation and assists surgical team during operations
• Assist with the preparation, proper positioning, and draping of the patient
• Facilitate or assist with patient transportation when needed
• Serve in the scrub role during assigned procedures
• Anticipate the surgeon’s need for supplies and instrumentation and pass the appropriate instrumentation to the surgeon
• Clean, disinfect and sterilize instruments
• Track usage and monitor equipment functionality
• Coordinate and collaborate effectively with other members of a multi-disciplinary surgical team, which includes Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, RNs, and other medical support personnel
Completion of a Surgical Technologist program AND one year of experience assisting clinical staff in a variety of operative procedures in an operating room environment OR equivalent education/experience.
LEGAL REQUIREMENT: Registered by the State of Washington as a Surgical Technologist