Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a level 1 Trauma, Magnet, Teaching hospital. The main operating rooms have 24 suites that include 2 Hyrbrid, 2 DaVinci rooms and MIS rooms. Specialties make working Banner University Medical Center an exciting and diverse place to challenge yourself. The specialties includes: General, Trauma, ENT, OMFS, Plastics, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Gyn, Urology, Ophthalmology, vascular, transplants, TAVR???s, hearts, Bariatric and NICU babies. As a large and busy hospital we preform over 300 cases weekly. You will work with state of the art equipment and some of the best surgeons in the Phoenix area. As a teaching hospital you will have an opportunity to always grow and advance in your career.
As a Surgical Technologist Services Coordinator, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our surgery department!?? In this position you will help give breaks, assist with preference cards, have an active role in employee orientation and assist with covering any additional needs of the service lines.
This position covers the following service lines: OMFS, ENT Neuro
We currently have a full-time opportunity, working Monday - Friday, 4/10's or 5/8's. This position has call requirements.??
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
*If selected, the recruiter will provide eligibility criteria for the sign-on bonus
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet??? recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Serves as an informal leader to Surg Technol team, supporting the clinical work of the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments and retracts tissue.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate. Evaluates quality and safety, seeking opportunities for improvement in patient care
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
7. Provides clinical oversight for supplies, instruments and efficiency. Manages preference cards in coordination with key stakeholders involved. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate. Evaluates quality and safety, seeking opportunities for improvement in patient care This role would serve as a point of contact for physicians, supply chain services and other stakeholders to help develop the clinical rationale for new products or equipment.
8. Facilitates educational and onboarding support for new surg tech hires, physicians, resident physicians, students.
9. This position follows safety procedures in regard to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
High school diploma/GED and current basic life support certification.
Certified as a surgical technologist and three years of experience OR has six or more years of experience in a surgical technologist role.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.