Offering new excellent pay rates and up to $8,000 sign-on bonus for experienced Surgical Techs!
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Become a part of Academic Medicine in the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern Arizona!??Our Operating Room (OR) has 22 suites where we provide services for a wide range of adult and pediatric patients including Cardiovascular, Transplants, Neurosurgery, Robotics, Orthopedics, and Urology with a knowledgeable group of around 150 staff. We also work with Plastics, Spines, OB/GYN, dental, ENT, Eyes, and Oncologic procedures. We bring even more innovative technology to our organization, our Surgery Team brought in the new da Vinci Si and Xi Surgical Systems!??
As a CVOR Surgical Technologist, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Cardiovascular Surgery department! We staff our Operating Room 24/7 and we have 4-10s and 3-12s shifts available for mid-shift. Call is a requirement to help us provide the highest quality evidence-based care to our patients. We run upwards of 1600 patients through annually, with 167+ surgeons. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of two surgical specialties.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments and retracts tissue. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of two surgical specialties.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. Participates in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
7. May provide business support to the department including administrative tasks.
8. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Is proficient to scrub on at least two surgical specialties. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, patient families and vendors or sales reps.
High school diploma/GED and current basic life support certification. ??
Certified as a surgical technologist OR four years of experience in a surgical technologist role. Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
This position must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of two surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.