Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute: Assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensure operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Clean and sterilize all surgical instruments
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
· Ensure the operating suite is adequately prepared for the procedure.
· Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies.
· Clean and sterilize all surgical instruments.
· Interact professionally with patient and family.
· Provide patient with explanations and verbal reassurance, if necessary.
· Assist in positioning, prepping, and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
National Surgical Technician certification or must be certified within one year of employment
Current American Heart BLS required at hire
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program required
One year OR experience preferred
Additional languages preferred
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.