· Under supervision, the incumbent of this position provides nursing care to patients within the state's scope of LPN/LVN practice. Works collaboratively with the clinicians and other interdisciplinary team members to facilitate quality care for the patient.
· Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
· Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids provider during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
· Observes, records, and reports patients' condition and reaction to drugs or treatments to providers.
· Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
· Greets patients and obtains well-documented history and vitals. Prepares patients for physical exam. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
· Required to scrub in to assist with the following procedures
o Caesarean sections
· Responsible for maintaining inventory supply. Ordering new supplies when needed.
· Support other staff when needed
· Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.