All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, NO WEEKEND OR NIGHT CALL, VARIABLE HOLIDAY CALL MAY BE REQUIRED
Shift: 0630 - 2
The role you’ll contribute:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Surgical Technologist promotes quality perioperative care of patients by preparing and maintaining surgical equipment and supplies, planning and organizing case preparation, and assisting the surgeon/physician during a surgical procedure.
The LPN complies with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of a Registered Nurse/Physician.
The LPN demonstrates collaborative and professional communication skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. The LPN strives to advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of his/her patients. The LPN serves as a role model for the mission, vision and values of AdventHealth Hendersonville. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the North Carolina Nursing Practice Act and North Carolina Administrative Code (Rules), all regulatory standards and established policies, protocols and procedures.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assists surgeon with the handling of instruments and the positioning of patients.
· Plans and prepares for all surgical procedures,
· Pulling of cases
· Updating preference cards
· Ordering supplies
· Maintaining instruments
· Constantly monitors the surgical environment to assure patient and staff safety by:
· Moving patient using proper body mechanics
· Maintaining an organized sterile field
· Performs surgical hand scrub, according to hospital policy
· Performs accurate sponge, sharps, and instrument counts.
· Sets up, tests, and connects all specialty equipment.
· Reports malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Manager in a timely manner.
· Adheres to the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) Standards and Recommended Practices.
· Assists in cleaning rooms after cases.
· Prepares for cases by reading, collaborating with peers, making sure all necessary supplies and equipment are in the room before the case starts.
· Able to anticipate surgeon/physician’s instrumentation needs.
· Assists staff in L&D by setting tables when required and stocking of all LDR’s.
· Develops self professionally and participates in department activities.
· Works with coworkers in a professional manner within the department and throughout the hospital.
· Manages communications, and mnemonic charge entry.
· Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate medical records from admission through discharge.
· Must have some computer experience working with healthcare software computer systems and understands computer downtime procedures
· Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
· Answers call lights and responds to alarms reporting patient concerns, complaints, emergency situations to the registered nurse, and/or Clinical Manager/Director.
· Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
State or compact licensure as a Practical Nurse required
BLS obtained through the American Heart Association required
Certification/experience as a surgical scrub tech preferred
This is an on the job training program, no experience needed but must have a desire to work in the surgical suite performing procedures with a surgical team of other surgial techs, nurses, anesthesiologists and surgeons.
The applicant must have good communication skills, be detail oriented and work well with a team.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.