Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We are seeking experienced Certified Surgical Technologists to join our team at Memorial Sloan Kettering. We have outstanding opportunities in our Main Campus OR. In this position, you will work in direct collaboration with the Registered Nurse and physician to meet unit and patient needs by performing technical activities. The Surgical Technologist functions as an integral member of the health care team by contributing to the efficient operation of the unit.
Are you ready to find your life's calling?
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments
- Passionate about continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize workflow.
- A dedicated member of the team with an excellent work ethic and positive demeanor
- Someone who doesn't shy away from difficult situations or people, saying what needs to be said
- Offer comprehensive technical assistance during routine and sophisticated procedures
- Prepare equipment, supplies, and surgical environment efficiently meeting all expectations and requirements
- Performs circulating activities under the direction of the assigned RN circulator in multi-specialty cases (when performing multiple procedures)
- Provide training and orientation for new team members
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program and national certification (NBSTSA)
- One to Two years of experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred
- Superb communication skills and a high standard of integrity
- A passion for healthcare and the ability to assist on multiple sophisticated OR and services
- 10 hour shifts flexed between 7:00am and midnight with Saturday rotation.
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.