Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
New Pay Rates and $10,000 Sign On Bonus to external applicants!
Mary Washington Healthcare has excellent opportunities for surgical technologists to join its growing teams at Mary Washington Hospital, a Level II trauma center with 15 operating rooms including a cysto suite. The close-knit, highly skilled surgical team at Mary Washington Healthcare, performs everything from thoracic, major ortho, cardiac, and GYN to minor outpatient procedures.
Under the direction and supervision of the Specialty Coordinator/Registered Nurse, this position provides assistance to nursing staff by communicating changes in patient status and preparing the Operating Room (OR) rooms with necessary equipment.
$10,000 sign on bonus to external applicants
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the care team in the formation of the patient's plan of care to achieve desired outcomes for the patient based on physician preference cards, current assessment findings, diagnostic reports, and standards of care/practice.
- Communicates safe therapeutic care for patient throughout the patient's perioperative experience.
- Maintains and cares for equipment and supplies. Prepares OR rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment. Follows aseptic technique in opening sterile supplies and during set up for procedures.
- Drapes patients and assists the surgical team during operative procedures.
- Assists in turnover of room between cases.
- Provides input for changes to physician preference cards according to surgeon's request.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Participates in hospital wide infection control plan and quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Clinical education and/or experience must meet one of the following criteria:
- a. Graduate of an approved formal program to include one of the following: OR Technology, Surgical Scrub Tech, or Surgical Technology (six months experience preferred)
- b. Licensed Practical Nurse eligible to practice in Virginia with one year operating room experience
- c. Trained Scrub/Operating Room Tech with a minimum of seven (7) years hospital operating room experience
- Must become a Certified Surgical Technologist within 6 months of hire.
- Effective December 2021, registration with the Virginia Board of Medicine as a Surgical Technologist required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.