Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Under the direct and indirect supervision of the attending physician and in a cohesive manner with all surgical staff functions in a surgical assist role, the First Surgical Assistant assists the team in providing quality individualized patient care. The First Surgical Assistant will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the patients served Additional, the Surgical Assistant performs other responsibilities as assigned.
$10,000 sign on bonus to external applicants
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the operating surgeon, assists in skin closure, subcutaneous closure and ties, facia closure and ties, closure and ties of peritoneum, tying deep vessels, incising tissue, and performs haemostatic techniques.
- Assists with procedural set up and patient preparedness for specific procedures in positioning, prepping and draping.
- Observes aseptic techniques in preparing for and assisting with procedures.
- Participates in patient transport, room turnover as indicated by unit activity to facilitate utilization of services in a cost effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
10K Sign on Bonus. Internal Associates are not eligible.
- Functions to present skills and knowledge levels reflective of education and experience at the assistant position at or a minimum of 90 days and or present reference of equivalent experience required.
- Registration with the Virginia Board of Medicine as a Surgical Assistant required.
- Certified First Surgical Assistant with the National Board of National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) and National Commission for the Certification of Surgical Assistants (NCCSA)
- Virginia Board of Medicine registered Scrub Tech preferred.
- AHA BLS CPR provider certification required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.