Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian, Idaho is seeking a Lead Certified Surgical Tech (Variable Schedule) for Plastic and GYN Surgery to join our Meridian Surgical Services team.
*Relocation and Sign-on Bonus Available!*
Unit/Position SummaryThe Lead Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for identifying and securing instrumentation and equipment needed for invasive procedures and demonstrating proficient use and implementation of the same.
- Performs pre-operative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists surgeon and designated assistants in invasive procedures, passing instruments and supplies and anticipating the needs of the surgical team.
- May be responsible for ensuring patient care needs are met through effective management of staffing resources and operations.
- During the surgical procedure provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies.
- Helps prepares, cares for, and disposes of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and practice in the primary scrub role in advanced surgical procedures.
- Apply knowledge related to emergency situations and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Assists in performing perioperative tasks & assistance.
- Responsible for training or assignment of training.
- As part management team assists or may be responsible for scheduling, communication, and clinical decision making. Works with staff to promote resolution of conflicts and counsels staff when clinical practice standards are not met.
- May perform or coordinate the primary preceptor role in the training of students and peers.
- Flexible and knowledgeable to work outside their area of expertise.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Certificate or Degree from a Surgical Technology Program
- Experience: 3 years of experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) OR Tech in Surgery - Certified (CST-NCCT) by National Center Competency Testing (NCCT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Meridian, Idaho
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.