All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Set days after orientation period. 1 on call per month is required (not on site but lasting 24 hrs)
4 days 10 hour shifts 7-5
2 days 12 hr shifts and 2 days 8 hr shifts
3 days 12hr shifts
Interviews are available: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday after 1pm. Please apply to be contacted.
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional surgical technician certification not required.
· Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.