Location: Nampa, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Nampa, ID is seeking a Part-time Certified Surgical Tech (Variable Schedule) to join our Women's Services team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for identifying and securing instrumentation and equipment needed for invasive procedures and demonstrating proficient use and implementation of the same.
- Performs pre-operative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists surgeon and designated assistants in invasive procedures, passing instruments and supplies and anticipating the needs of the surgical team.
- During the surgical procedure provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and microbiology.
- Applies knowledge related to emergency situations and surgical procedures in the operating room.
- May develop, organize and deliver continuing education topics and/or training (in-services).
- May assist in precept of students and new staff.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Certificate or Degree from a Surgical Technology Program
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) OR Tech in Surgery - Certified (CST-NCCT) by National Center Competency Testing (NCCT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Nampa, Idaho
The city of Nampa, in Canyon County, is located on the west end of the beautiful Treasure Valley. Approximately 30 minutes from the capital city of Boise, it features the perfect mixture of rural and urban living and boasts the strongest agricultural economies in the entire state. This being Idaho's largest metropolitan area. Nampa offers a rich environment with endless natural beauty, local history, culture and economic well-being.
Learn more about what Nampa has to offer you:
City of Nampa | Warhawk Air Museum | Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge | Wilson Ponds | Nampa Parks | Concerts at the Ford Idaho Center
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.