Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
The Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Surgical Technology. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate student learning of clinical skills with clear, specific, and timely feedback on cognitive, psychomotor and affective performance.
- Evaluate skill performance during practical examinations using established criteria on the scoring rubrics.
- Conduct skills labs.
- Complete clinical site visits to evaluate student performance.
- Liaison between clinical affiliate and the program.
- Assess student clinical records in Trajecsys and Blackboard.
Associate Degree, AS, AOS, AA, AAS, from an accredited college or university in Surgical Technology field.
Credentialed in the field of surgical technology and through a national credentialing organization that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA), or National Board of Surgical Technologists and Surgical Assistants (NBSTSA) Certified Surgical Technologist or joint Certified Surgical Technologist/Certified First Assistant.
Minimum of two (2) years of current experience in the operating room in a scrub role or two (2) years of current experience as an instructor of surgical technology or a combination of both within the past five (3) years.
Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving skills
Able to supervise students both on-campus in lab and off-campus at clinical sites.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Bachelor of Science degree in Surgical Technology or health related field.
Prior teaching experience in Surgical Technology program or equivalent teaching and learning coursework.
Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical skills in the course content.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Friday, July 28, 2023