Location: Nashville, Tennessee
TempForce Nursing Collab
VUMC TempForce has opportunities for Surgical Technicians. This is a 13 week assignment with additional premium pay. As a Temp Surgical Tech, you will facilitate patient care by assisting physicians/nursing staff before, during and after surgical procedures by creating and maintaining, a sterile field and providing the instruments and supplies required by the surgeons in a sterile manner according to established plan for patient care with occasional guidance. Surgical Techs are able to perform competently most of the cases in a given service/shift.
- Facilitates patient care, by assisting the surgeon before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Plans, sets up, performs and cleans up the assigned surgical procedure as a circulator and as a scrub tech.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to apply the Principles of Asepsis in creating and maintaining the sterile field.
- Performs sharp, sponge and instrument counts according to policy.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce was created to connect temporary talent to all areas of VUMC. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center.
Length of Assignment:
- 7a - 7p Monday - Friday
- 7a - 5p Monday - Friday
* Operating Room Care (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with operating room care.
* Environmental Sterility & Safety (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with environmental sterility and safety.
* Inventory Management (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with Inventory Management. Understands Inventory Management concepts and principles. Familiar with Inventory Management tools, processes, procedures and policies.
* Surgical Technology (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with surgical technology.
* Equipment Maintenance (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience conducting maintenance activities in area of assignments.
* Surgical Equipment Knowledge (Novice): Knowledge of the specific equipment and its performance criteria, capabilities and limitations. Able to use the equipment to accomplish basic tasks associated with the specific devices. May conduct remedial maintenance and preventive maintenance.
* Procedures Knowledge (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with procedures knowledge.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce (TempForce) was created to connect temporary talent to areas throughout the Medical Center. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center. In any given year, TempForce fills a wide variety of temporary requests including pharmacists, administrative/clerical roles, medical assistants and more.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Certified Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.