Pay Range: $18.85 - $30.64 / hour
- Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks, UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
Multiple Shifts Available:
UAB Medicine supports work/life balance. The shift available for this unit is:
- Part-Time PM: 2 12-hour shifts per week and every 3rd weekend 8:00pm - 8:00am
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine:
UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama
- America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes, 2021
- Level I Trauma Center
- NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.
To scrub and assist surgical team during basic surgical procedures. To prepare and maintain the environment, medical equipment and supplies for surgical procedures. To follow hospital regulations and industry procedures regarding patient care. To pre-operatively prepare the patient. To transport patient to and from the operating room as required.
- Cleans and prepares operating room for procedure: drapes and covers operating and instrument tables; lays out supplies and equipment in appropriate manner; ensures proper functioning of equipment and supplies.
- Obtains supplies according to surgical orders, counts sponges and maintains economical use of supplies.
- Scrubs and sets up case in a timely manner. Ensures maintenance of sterile field: uses principles of aseptic technique; initiates corrective action when break in technique occurs; inspects sterile items for contamination and expiration dates; maintains sterility when opening items for procedure.
- Completes documentation according to operating room practice standards.
- Identifies and verifies patient and positions patient on operating table according to practice standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.